Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Family Recipe Time

So this recipe, my Grams would make it. And my Mom made it growing up. And now I am making it with my family. So yes, I would say its a family recipe :D This recipe is not only delicious but it has all the ingredients that one SHOULD love...turkey breast, stuffing and gravy. Like if that doesn't make you think of Thanksgiving, I don't know what will!

Last night I couldn't decide what to cook and then I remembered that I had some deli turkey breast in the fridge. Honestly, its rare that I had it. Not that I don't eat or buy deli meat but because it normally doesn't last longer then a day in this house. You want the sliced turkey to be a tad thick. Not overly thick but enough that you can roll it with something inside.

That being said...let's get down to the recipe :D

Okay, so you want a pound of sliced turkey breast (see paragraph above about that). Depending on the cut, you might want more then that. I have half a pound, cut kinda thickly and it only made 5 rollups. So next time, I will get the full pound so I can have some leftovers. You also can use either an 8x8 or a 9x13 pan. Just depends on what you have on hand (or clean at the moment).

First you want to cook the stuffing according to the package. I always use turkey stuffing because..well its Turkey Rollups so yeah. BUT I have developed a love for cornbread stuffing lately. Not sure if that will taste the same or not! So if you try something else, let me know what it tastes like! Once the stuffing is done, take one slice of turkey breast, put some stuffing in the center and roll it up. Repeat until you have used all the stuffing. Now you should be putting the rollups directly into the dish but I shouldn't have to tell you that step ;-P Once all the rollups are in the dish and everything is set, take a jar of turkey gravy (I use the Heinz) and pour it all over the top. I always buy two jars just in case but last night, I only needed one :D. Put the dish filled with goodness into a preheated 375 oven and cook for 45 minutes. Serve with a veggie and voila. Dinner is served! (Disclaimer: I did NOT take any pictures as I was too busy devouring my food!)

Turkey Rollups

1/2-1 1/2 pound of sliced turkey breast (want it thick enough to be able to roll stuffing inside)
1 package of stuffing
1-2 jars of Heinz Turkey Gravy

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook stuffing according to package.
3. Take 1 slice of turkey breast and add some stuffing to the middle. Roll it up and place it in the pan roll side down. Repeat until all stuffing is gone.
4. Pour jar of turkey gravy over the rollups.
5. Cook in over for 45 minutes.

Enjoy!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...