Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Thanks Pinterest?

As I am sure many of you know, Pinterest is slowly but surely taking over the interwebz. Pretty much every single person I know on Facebook uses this website. I love it. Not even gonna try to deny that one. I can literally sit on there for hours just clicking link after link. Its quite an addiction to be honest. And since I am sure you used it, you know that when you log in, you see everyone's boards. Lots of the boards I am following have Recipe/Foodage/Good Eats boards. Not only that but most of my friends, know each other. Subsequently I have been seeing this recipe a lot lately. So decided to check it out.

Let's just say that for us, this looked better raw and it turned into a cooking mess.

What I used...

Doesn't that look like it would taste delicious?? 
So instead of crushing the garlic, I used chopped. Yes that gigantic thing of garlic is what we go through in about 2 months time. Its ridiculous how much garlic we use but meh, GARLIC IS LOVE! (I know N is laughing right now!!) I also used 3 cheese Italian cheese instead of shredded Parm. That is not on purpose! The 3 cheese and the Parm were right next to each other. So I thought I was grabbing Parm and didn't realize until I got home that I had in fact grabbed 3 cheese. Fun...times. That orange container is my EVOO container. I love it. Not sure if Other Chef does though....

Anyway, I put it all together, stuck it in the oven at 350 for 35 minutes like he said. 35 minutes later, I check the meat because there they were kinda large. Yup, not done. Back in for 20 minutes. Take it out and this is what it looks like:

Looks good doesn't it? 
So we think hey, we cut into the meat and its done...its done.

Wrong.

The meat was STILL not done. Kinda frustrating.

At this point, I put it BACK IN for another 30 minutes. We're now at almost 80 minutes cooking. FINALLY done. But by that time, we had moved on to something else so yeah, whatever. The chicken is sitting in my fridge for some leftovers. We'll see how this goes.

The Verdict: Not sure. All I know is that the cheese is now a crunchy deep brown. The croutons that touched the sauce is completely mushy. I don't do mushy bread. No freaking way, no how. Not sure if I will ever make this again. Probably not.

Recipe for those that might want to try it!! There is a video that goes into detail, sorry I can't copy and paste that!

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
hot red pepper flakes, to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 5, but they were huge!)
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...