Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Friendships

How many people out there are lucky enough to have lifelong friends? Or even childhood friends that have stayed with you throughout the years? The friends that just get you and you know they will be there no matter what?

I remember growing up and I'd fight with one of my friends my Mom would look at me and say "Sweetie, none of this matters. There will be a handful of people that you will always have around and those will be your true friends." And, as much as this kills me to admit, she was right. I am still friends with those girls to this day so obviously our fights weren't too crazy! 

One of the cool things about being in the military life, and also can be one of the major downfalls, is making all these new friends...with the understanding that there will be a time that you or them will have to say goodbye. As adults, we keep in contact via phone, text or Facebook but for the kids, its really hard. I've really watched my son struggle with the move and making new friends and it hurts my heart. Because he doesn't understand WHY he can't still see them all the time. Or WHY we can't just go to see them. He'll see them in a couple weeks and I know he is bursting at the seams about it. I know he's young and there will be friends that come and go but I really hope that he keeps these friends, these childhood friends, as long as I did.

I have been in Seattle for about two weeks now and have spent an awesome time with my friends (#amazingfriends....LOL H!!!) but it sucks that once again, I am leaving them. These women can make me laugh like no other. We know that regardless of whatever ups and downs we have, we are there for each other. And that is a major upside to military life. That you get to meet amazing people like I have. But I also don't forget the friends that have come and gone from various bases. M, J, C and S, my four best friends from GA and WA. The three girls that we can go months without talking (which btw never happens with S or I get the "What the heck jerk!!!" message!) and we pick up like there was never a lapse in time. 

Really no point to those entry other then sitting here thinking about how much I have missed all my girls and thinking about how blessed I am to have people like that in my life. People that I know will be there for me always. People that I hope when we're old and senile we can laugh at all the crazy memories we have together.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...