Just like Pioneer Woman's recipes, I have yet to make a recipe on Closet Cooking's site that I didn't like. Their flavors are amazing, their recipes are delicious. Great website!
Tuesday was my birthday (big ole 2-8, getting old!). So for dinner, Tall Guy made me Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken Breasts. I've had this a couple times with him making it and each time its amazing. This time he actually remembered to season the chicken breasts! The jalapeno's were sliced a tad larger then before too. We tried to have baked potatoes with it but we ended up buying bigger ones so they needed about 2 hours to cook, yes cooking fail. So this picture, via my phone, doesn't even begin to do it justice!
Its so delicious I had leftovers for breakfast the next day!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Chicken stuffed with jalapenos, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and wrapped in bacon; it's like chicken jalapeno poppers for dinner!
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 small chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 jalapenos, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bacon
- Lay the chicken flat, season both sides with salt and pepper, place 1/4 of the mixture of the jalapenos, cream cheese and cheddar on the chicken and roll them up.
- Wrap each chicken breast up in 2 slices of bacon and place them in a baking dish.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400F oven until cooked, about 25-35 minutes.