Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The one that started it all.....

So last fall, an ex friend and I were having our daily chat about what we were making for dinner. We used to hope that someone had any insight into something other then the norm that we had gotten ourselves into. I told her I was going to be making chicken spaghetti (the chicken spaghetti I was going to make was just cut up chicken pieces mixed in with sauce and noodles..nothing fancy). She asked me "PW's?" Which I in turn asked...Who is PW? So she sent me the link to chicken spaghetti by PW.

Not gonna lie, I looked, thought it looked good, saved it and that was the end of that. Never took another glance at it.

Until one day, I was wanting to try something new. So I asked the errand runner to get me the stuff to make it and I was gonna try it. Yeah first patch was WAY too salty.

Then tried again about a month later. This time...delicious. And from that moment on, I was hooked.

I don't use chicken pieces like she does. Just the thought of having to take things off of the bone doesn't really appease me. So I always use chicken breasts (and I actually do with all the recipes that call for chicken pieces) and then just add some chicken broth before I start cooking the spaghetti.

I remember the first time making it, I felt like it took forever. I had to cut all the veggies, cook spaghetti, do this, do that. And I felt like the entire process took about an hour, no joke. But now, its like boom bam done. I even got better at cutting up the onion and peppers. For some reason, cutting them finely is still not an art for me.

This picture was taken last week when I made it. Nom Nom Nom. Now I think I want to make it again...dang it.

Really starting to think I need to bust out the Rebel for the blog pictures....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...