Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Whats new in my cooking world!

Honestly...not much.

Cooking has kinda taken a slow pace as of late. The beginning of the "sick" season has hit us hard. I have been sick off and on for about a month now. Now I just have this horrible cough I am trying hard to get rid of. Kinda scared to be running at the gym for fear they will think I am spreading the bubonic plague. True story.

So a couple Thursday's ago, I went to my friend N's for dinner. She made a Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe that she found on Tasty Kitchen. Let me just say...it was bland. And I know N's food is not bland. But this...was just...bland. Like no flavor whatsoever. She even added MORE spice to the food then what was necessary. Nope. Bland. I am one of THOSE people. I love flavor. If its not making my taste buds fall in love, it ain't happening. And apparently, it wasn't happening all the way around that table. So needless to say, we will NOT be cooking this again..ever. And if either of us do, its going to be changed a LOT.

The tortilla soup....


The following Thursday (actually, just last Thursday) I cooked dinner for them. I made PW's Pasta Alla Marlboro Man. Holy delicious. Literally. I didn't see a single person NOT get up for seconds. Its been extremely cold around here lately. Of course rainy as well so let's add that into the bone chill factor. This food is the perfect just comfort food. Its definetly man friendly with all the amount of meat that is involved as well. Totally gonna be honest, that recipe is probably a meal I could eat once a week if I could. Not gonna lie :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...