Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

King Tut, Bite of Seattle, Day with Friends and Air Show...oh my!

Friday I headed up to Seattle like I do every weekend. Tall Guy and I were taking Little Man and his younger brother to see the King Tut exhibit at the Pacific Science Center and then to the Bite of Seattle. Good thing about it is that we paid for parking once and we were able to enjoy both things as they were both in Seattle Center. If you are familiar with Seattle AT ALL, you know parking, without an event, is majorly suckage. So finding parking for two events for the price of one is SCORE!

First stop was the King Tut exhibit. I love anything about Ancient Egypt and especially anything with King Tut. So needless to say I was on pins and needles all excited to see this. If you know anything about the exhibit, this is the last time it will ever be in North America so if it comes near you...go see it. Seriously. 

That being said, if you have ever gone to major museum, you know that most of them are crawling with Ancient Egypt exhibits. The National History Museum in NYC has a HUGE one (including a replica of a pyramid). So while this exhibit is really cool to see, it wasn't worth the 40$ a ticket that was paid. BUT it was still cool, don't get me wrong. Little Man LOVED it and that is all that matters right? 

Here are some pictures...we all completely forgot our camera's (and kicking ourselves for forgetting!) so we had to use camera phones. Blackberry has a CRAPPY camera compared to my Sidekick so the pictures I do have are crap. BUT hey, maybe I'll pay that 40$ a person again and go see it again! 






Then Saturday, N was having a Bring Back my Bar Scentsy Party so I hung out with her all day. She made a chicken and bacon crescent ring and wow. It was delicious and I ate like 6 pieces, no joke. Can we say HUGE?!? Needless to say I am feeling it now and it sucks. LOL  If anyone is interested in placing an order OR interested in some of the past months scents of the month, let me know. She has a TON of them on hand and can ship the next day! 

Sunday we got up bright and early and headed to the Air Show on JBLM. They put it on every two years and this year was Little Man's first time. Traffic on Saturday was insane (it took me an hour to get to N's house and it normally only takes me 15 minutes AT MOST) and they had 150,000 people on the base. So I got to A's house around 930 and we headed there around 11. Little Man had a blast and I am so glad we went! The Thunderbirds were good but (sorry Air Force!!!) I prefer the Blue Angels totally! Poor Little Miss did NOT like the sounds the jets were making. At one point my stomach literally jumped when the B-52 went by. 









1 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I went to a King Tut exhinit in Denver a long time ago, so neat. I have never been to an air show, but hope to some day, I think my son would love it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...