Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Saturday was a birthday dinner!

Like the title states, Saturday was filled with me cooking a birthday dinner. 

Tall Guy turned old.

And by old I mean...

28.

Nah that isn't old but we like to give him crap cause he's...almost...30. 

As if men really care about that number.

Or do they? I've never really asked.

When I asked him what I should cook, it didn't take him long to decide on Sloppy Joes. I was going to make the Italian Joes but I don't have her spaghetti sauce cooked yet (will be doing that on Monday!!) so we did the regular ones. I have cooked them before and posted them on the blog but this was his first time having them. 

Instead of kaiser rolls, he bought Potato Rolls. The flavor and thickness was really really good with the sloppy joes. So I give that 2 thumbs way way up. He also added some spice to it (I believe he added some cayenne and something else, can't remember which now) and yeah that gave it a big kick. I made him chop up the vegetables because let's face it, if I don't have to cut up an onion, I'm not. He got to witness my weird way of eating sloppy joes (open face, I hate making a mess eating them in a sandwich) and we sat down to watch Chopped with a bag of chips in front of us.

Yes...Chopped was the show of choice. Which is kinda funny because that show makes me feel huge everytime I watch it and yet here I was stuffing my face with sloppy joes. Can we say big fat fatties? 

Yeah, I knew you could.

But it was a great dinner, great show and great company. That's all that matters right?

The pictures were taken with the last of the leftovers he said. Neither one of us took pictures even though I said I was gonna blog about it. Seems to be a habit around here....

The delicious rolls that I made him brown too! 

Nom!

See that mess? Yeah I just can't do it! 

What's on your dinner agenda tonight? Tonight before RCIA class, I am making Chicken and Mozzarella Stuffed Ravioli with Bertolli Vodka Sauce. Sounds heavenly and it is!

2 comments:

Running With The Girls said...

Happy birthday to the old man - I wish I was that "old" again. Ugh!

Suz and Allan said...

Looks delicious! I'm nearly 29 so hush talking about 30 or I'll get nervous!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...