Pages

Sunday, January 05, 2014

Juicing...my new obsession

So everyone who reads this knows that my 3 day juice cleanse just didn't work out. LOL I just could not go that long without food. 

For Christmas I got a juicer...the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor to be exact (if you're in the market for a juicer, this one is awesome! Highly recommend it!). 

I use two websites for now for juicing recipes, but am open to new ideas always. I don't eat near enough fruit and veggies in my life so at least this way I am getting some of what I need. Can always take steps to being healthier right?! So thinking one juice a day...easy. Which so far it has been. Except for cleaning the dang juicer, its been good. So far I have juiced:

Mean Green

1 Cucumber
2 Green Apples
6-8 Kale Leaves
1/2 lemon
1" ginger
4 Celery Stalks

Carrot Apple Ginger

3 Carrots
2 Apples
1" ginger

The carrot apple ginger is my absolute favorite, by far. It was during my "cleanse" and it is now! Debating on making one in the morning or going for a Purple Power Juice....

I use two websites so far for recipes, Reboot with Joe and freutcake. Reboot with Joe has a TON of recipes. And looking over some of them, they leave a tad to the imagination of the taste buds. But then again I am a creature of habit and don't necessarily like trying new things! So honestly debating on challenging myself to try a new recipe once a week. Don't judge a taste by its sounds right? I mean the beet juice sounds just lovely! But then again I have never tried it so who knows. 

Whatcha think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...