Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 5 of a PW Cooking...this one was a disaster...

So I decided to make Chicken Parmigana. Delicious right? I mean, I know the experts at say Old Spaghetti Factory or any other authentic Italian place can make this real good, so why can't I?

You would think that how my night started would probably have been a hint to just give up now but I didn't. I couldn't find the bottle opener to open this bottle of wine. I even went to my neighbors houses and asked if they had one, to no avail, nothing. My Mother even suggested just standing on my front porch and screaming "Does anyone have a bottle opener?" I tried a straightened wire hanger (I knew I had one in my hall closet for something!) but yeah no dice. I finally found out only to have bent it in the process. Telling my friend all of this, she decided that for my birthday she is buying me a fancy bottle opener. Thanks B! *giggle*

So I finally get the evil bottle open, I breaded the chicken (I bought the thin sliced breasts thinking I would try these out cause as much fun as it is to beat on a piece of a chicken, I just wasn't in the mood) and fried that up. Delicious. But then a thought came to me, I use nonstick pans. In the recipe, she asks for the "drippings", but I never have any! So of course, now I am already adding a stainless steel pan to my mental checklist of cooking "stuff" list. (Yes I said stuff cause for the life of me, I don't know what word to use.) Then I get the onions and garlic going, add the wine (which I tried to have a glass of and dear god it was nasty...NOTE: It was not the wine she had in her recipe) and then let it cook. Now this is where it becomes a disaster.

When I went to the grocery store they didn't have the 14oz cans of crushed tomatoes that she wanted in the recipe. So I ended up getting the 1lb cans. So since you need two, you would use roughly a can and a half. So I went ahead, dumped it in, stirred it around and then watched as it bubbled all over my stove, the fridge, my shirt, everywhere. Awwwwwesome. So I proceed to hang out, play some of the RPG I play and then it dawns on me...this is incredibly simple recipe, somethings not right. So I look at the recipe and I see I forgot the sugar, salt and pepper AND the parsley. Awwwwwwesome. So I take the chicken back out, mind you, covered in the cheese, and add the stuff I forgot. Even then, I only added salt and pepper cause I am awesomesauce and forgot again what I needed. ARGH.

In the end, it was a complete and utter disaster. And I am not sure if it was because of the fact that I failed at adding ingredients OR that the wine was just not that great but I didn't care for it. The chicken was delicious and I ate that but the sauce, nah. I WILL however try again one day and actually make it correctly. And with a better bottle of wine. :D

Recipe used is not mine, it is PWs. All credit goes to her :D 


http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/10/chicken-parmigiana/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...