Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

There are limitations to my friendship....

So on Tuesday I decided to make Monkey Muffins. Well that never happened so I swore on Wednesday I would make them. And I did. Now I figured I would somehow mess this up. I mean yes the recipe is super super easy, my child would probably make these, but I just had this feeling I'd screw it up.

In the oven they went and they came out look like this:

Not too shabby for my first patch if you ask me. It's just cinnamon, sugar, biscuit dough and sweetened condensed milk dribbled on it. YUM! Now for someone who has never had monkey bread, I am not sure how either of them taste. All I do know is that Monkey Muffins...diabetic coma...at it's finest. And it's worth it :D These things are so good in fact, I brought the leftovers to N's and she told me she wasn't going to share. Her reasoning for not sharing? "There are limitations to my friendship. These are THAT good." I love her.

That brings us now to Thursday. I was having lunch with two of my friends, I shall call them N and L. Well I decided instead of us going to lunch or even N making lunch like she was going to, I would. Gives me guinea pigs for the blog! So Wednesday night I was looking through PW's recipes and I found the Killer Club Sandwich recipe. Looks delicious, looks huge, sure why not. So went to the store, I bought all the ingredients, only cost me 25$, way cheaper then going out to eat and then headed over to N's. We got right to making it. Poor thing burned her hand frying up the bacon :( Stupid bacon. Yes, I went there. Blasphemy huh? Her husband was coming home for lunch so I made him the first sandwich. His response? It was better then sex. Nice, very nice to hear. Then I made up me, Ts and Ns sandwiches. N and I ate up our halves. T couldn't even finish hers. So consensus on the sandwiches? EXCELLENT. They are huge, those pictures don't lie. You really have to smush it all together. But honestly....totally worth it.

Recipes used are not mine, they are PWs. They are included here.


Monkey Muffins:



Ingredients

  • Leftover Bread Dough (or Refrigerated Biscuit Dough, Cut Into Thirds)
  • Butter
  • Sugar
  • Ground Cinnamon
  • Sweetened, Condensed Milk

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Add 1/2 teaspoon butter to muffin tins. Sprinkle in sugar and cinnamon.
Roll dough into walnut sized balls (or cut refrigerated biscuit dough into thirds). Place three into each muffin tin.
Top with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle on more sugar and cinnamon.
Allow dough to rise, if applicable, or just go ahead and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
Remove from oven and immediately drizzle plenty of sweetened condensed milk over the top of each one. Be generous! Allow rolls to sit for a little while to absorb sweet, sticky milk.
Scoop out with a spoon and serve to hungry humans.

Killer Club Sandwiches:

Ingredients

  • 12 slices Sandwich Bread
  • 4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
  • 1 Tablespoon Prepared Basil Pesto
  • 1 Tablespoon Prepared Sundried Tomato Pesto (or Just A Couple Of Pureed Sundried Tomatoes)
  • 8 slices Bacon, Cut In Half
  • ½ pounds Shaved Ham
  • ½ pounds Shaved Turkey
  • 4 whole Avocados, Peeled And Sliced
  • 4 slices Cheese (swiss, Mozzarella, Etc.)
  • Romaine Or Green Leaf Lettuce

Preparation Instructions

Toast bread in toaster until light golden brown. Set aside.
Fry bacon until just barely crisp, then drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
Mix together 2 tablespoons mayonnaise with prepared basil pesto; in a separate bowl, mix additional 2 tablespoons mayonnaise with sundried tomato pesto.
To Make One Sandwich:
Spread two pieces of bread with basil pesto. On one piece of bread, lay ham on top of pesto mayo, then top with cheese and lettuce. On other piece of bread, lay the slices of 1/2 avocado on top of the pesto mayo. Top avocado with bacon. Lift the second slice of bread (the one with avocado and bacon) and place it, ingredient side down, on top of the first piece of bread.
For the second layer: On the top of the top piece of bread, spread the sundried tomato mayonnaise. Spread one side of the third piece of bread with sundried tomato mayonnaise. Place ham, cheese, and lettuce on top. Place other half of the avocado slices on the other piece of bread. Top with bacon slices. Place this piece of bread, ingredient side down, on top of the first piece of bread.
Use a sharp knife to cut the sandwich in half (on the diagonal) then again in fourths.
Serve with chips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...