Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

A Belated Birthday blog....

I turned 27 on the 30th of July. Eek! I remember turning 17 and thinking "Wow, I can't wait to 18 finally!" And now with each passing year, I am like "Oh great, another year." It seems as we get older, the years fly by faster. I am still in shock that its already nearing mid August. 

This year, I celebrated with some good peeps and some good eats. We ended up hitting a restaurant in Seattle called The Crab Pot. Its AH-MAZING! You can order these pots and they cook it and dump it on the table...


No silverware really. Just a mallet, a small crab fork and a small tub of butter. 


Can we say heaven?? 

Seattle is known for its seafood and honestly, how can it not? Its fresh. Its delicious. And its everywhere up here. One of the best things about this area is the places to eat (are we noticing that I am kind of a foodie yet?). This place is so amazing that it was even featured on Man vs Food (in the same episode as Beth's Cafe which I have also eaten at and might just go there again to blog about it!!!). Definetly a choice place to hit up if you are ever in the Seattle area. 

During dinner, Little Man ended up playing in the arcade that is also on the same pier. He hit the jackpot on the jackpot game about 4 times and ended up with almost 700 tickets. So of course, he came home with lots of goodies. Then after dinner, we ended up getting ice cream from the homemade stand that is in front of the pier. Amazing. 

It was one of the best birthdays I have had in awhile. Even if I was 7 months pregnant and couldn't really "celebrate". 

What are your plans for the weekend?? 

This weekend me and Little Man are headed up to the Woodland Park Zoo. Haven't been there in almost 2 years so looking forward to it! 

2 comments:

Running With The Girls said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I LOVE seafood. & you are soooo young...

Suz and Allan said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had such a wonderful birthday!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...