Pages

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Ever just been so busy...

That everyday you have to check your calendar to see if things are going on? 

That's how I am feeling right now. 

Little Man is full speed into swim lessons. He wants to be on the swim team. He watched the swim competitions with me during the Olympics. My 6 year old actually looked at me and said "I want to be like Michael Phelps Momma." The fact that he already has a "hero" (besides Daddy) is awesome. The fact that my clothes and my body are going to smell like chlorine everyday, that's awesome too. I love the pool. I love sitting in the bleachers everyday. I love that he loves it. 

Wish my high school had something this nice inside it....
I was feeling kinda bad there for a bit. He was doing Cub Scouts, Swim, Karate, Soccer this fall, Awana's this fall and First Communion classes this fall. Plus Summer Reading Program this summer. It got the point where schedules were going to be overlapping and I just couldn't take it anymore. Plus when Little Miss gets here, that is going to be rough everyday you know? So I made him choose between Swim and Soccer...he chose Swim. Then looking at how much we drop on karate each month, I made him choose between karate and swim. He choose swim. He'll still do Scouts and his church activities but I think for now, we are going to focus on swim (which is 4 days a week as it is). 

I am still full force into school and its so.boring. This writing class ends soon, thank goodness, and I can't wait for it. Its horrible. I dread every single day doing it! I've never NOT liked a class, until now. Writing and I just don't mix. At all. Maybe its the content, maybe its the instructor, I don't know. All I do know is that I can't wait for it to be over! 

How has your summer been? Staying busy as usual? 

2 comments:

Running With The Girls said...

I totally agree with you - 1 sport at a time. Especially when you start adding more children in the mix. Life will get overly crazy and then you won't have time for yourself - which is a necessity in order to be a be the best mom you can be!!! :)

Suz and Allan said...

Wow, he has had a very busy summer!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...