Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Scared and Excited....

Three women in my life have inspired me to do something. A BIG something.

Look at my sidebar...under Upcoming Races. See what's been added there? 

Yeah. That's right.

Me. Little ole me (well big ole me depending on how ya look at it :-P) is going to do the Susan G Komen 3 Day. 

3 Days.

60 miles.

20 miles a day.

Holy. Shit.

My first official meeting with the team is tomorrow. Tomorrow I will be scared and excited...still...but I hope that I feel more confident in knowing that I CAN do this. That I CAN walk that much with a great person by my side and that we will push each other together. 

I feel like training for this is very much like training for a marathon. Course with a marathon you are RUNNING 26 miles. I will be WALKING 60. Like honestly? 

I am really doing this. I am really going to push myself to do this. I have watched one amazing woman do this every single year that I have known her. And she has inspired me to finally get off my butt and do this too. Not only that, but its going to discipline myself and my body to get back into shape.

Wish me luck ladies. Come September I will be able to add this to my blog:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...