Pages

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Not a lack of trying....

I haven't been updating as much as I claimed, not from lack of interest or lack of material but because...well I haven't cooked. LOL I have either had people cook for me or like on Friday, I went out to eat with a good friend of mine. That being said....

So Tuesday night I was going to make some Mini Meatball Sandwiches. Instead I woke up and was like screw it, I'll put the Pot Roast in the crock pot.

Now it pains me to admit this, it really does. But the Man in this house actually cooks the BEST freaking pot roast I have ever eaten. Yes...this pains me to admit.

So first time cooking a pot roast, instead of just finding a recipe (which I WILL be doing next time), I bought one of those Tyson Slow Cooker Beef Roast kits.

First time buying it and will be my last. For 14$ you get a piece of meat and some veggies. The meat wasn't that great, lots of fat. It was just two of us eating this (myself and Little Man) and we barely had enough meat that was edible. The vegetables weren't that bad until I got into the onions. They were slimey and wilted. Gross.

I am sure that some people have good luck with these. Not trying to totally bash on the kits but meh. I am always told to try new things and do it yourself, don't take the easy way out and maybe its time to listen :D Next time I venture into the "land of Pot Roasts" I will make my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...