Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Steak Bites...nom nom nom!!

I have always wondered what was the proper way to cook steak bites. (For those that don't know, steak bites is basically just stew meat OR if you don't want all the fat, like I don't, buy beef tips) I would try and experiment with random stuff but it was just...well meh. We would eat it but we would always be like Hmm, what is missing?

When I first found PW's site, I found her steak bites recipe. And it's so simple! Seriously. Salt, Pepper and Butter.

Really?

That's it?

Yup, that's it. And they are sooooooooooooo good. Yes, they deserve that many O's. And you can eat these alone or with some sides. Really, they are kinda verastile.

Or you can be like me and sit at your computer eating them like they are pieces of candy BUT you can't share that with anyone else!

Taken with the baby camera, the beef tips with all the fat cut off.
You can't see it but this was after I added the salt and the pepper. I use the Kosher salt. Seriously, LOVE kosher salt. Why wasn't I aware of this before?
Mmmmm, cooking. I like my meat medium rare but of course, its your personal choice!
And dinner is served. I normally cook some corn and some mashed. NOM NOM NOM!

And for those that are interested, here is the link to the recipe!!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/01/steak-bites/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...