Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Chicken Bacon Bake

Most definitely starting to notice a trend here, a trend of eating chicken. If I didn't love steak so much, I'd cut beef completely out of my diet. But this isn't an entry about me and my diet....

I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen and oh man, did this look gooooood! And its so simple, it really is. Little Man is extremely picky when it comes to eating so I have to make sure that I choose foods that he will eat as well. Now mind you with that battle, I normally lose. Go Mom! Not.

So I did the usual of taking a package of chicken out the night before and sticking it in fridge. Next morning took it out and let it thaw out all day (still frozen, good to know my freezer REALLY works). I used 4 breasts for this and not the three like the recipe asks for but honestly, I doubt it matters.

That afternoon I decided I had enough of waiting and went to buy an electric griddle. I saw a couple on Amazon and found the one with the 5 star review. Yeah...well not sure why this one got 5 stars cause mine didn't work. At all. It heated and then just quit. Not VERY happy about it. But anyway, so I ended up having to cook the bacon in my skillet was well. Fun...not.

Overall, it wasn't bad. I actually kinda liked it. I used Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard and Jack Daniels BBQ for the sauce. Definitely good flavors to mix :D And I don't know about you, but I like my bacon extra crispy. I can't stand tasting any type of fat on anything, including bacon. Barf.

The chicken smothered in BBQ and mustard sauce. Nom.

Another view.

Nom Nom Nom. Chicken, sauce, bacon and mozz cheese over mashed potatoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...