Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti Revamped?

So I have a  friend named A, she lives in Mississippi. We have never officially met but we talk constantly on the phone, on FB, etc etc. I love her to death!

Anyway, to get back on track...she would hear me say I was making chicken spaghetti (recipe I normally make can be found Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti) and she told me that she herself has her own recipe that she makes. She asked for the link to PWs so I sent it to her and she goes Oh yeah, mine is a lot simpler then that!

This was months ago. This was when the blog wasn't even a glimmer in my eye! So now that I am doing the blog, I was like You know, let's try A's recipe out. She gave it to me and man, its really simple. Like...insanely simple actually. (Recipe will be at the end of this blog entry)

The neighbor child was over once again so I asked if she wanted some dinner, she said sure. I started the chicken and just smothered it in Tony Chacere's. Probably not the smartest thing to do but meh. It was probably the best tasting chicken I have had in a long time so I might even make that with a couple sides, who knows.

The key though, the KEY, is to make sure that you don't have the chicken sitting out while cooking the spaghetti and the soups. The reasoning is simple. You will eat it. Seriously. You will stand there melting the cheese and munching on chicken. Told you, probably the best chicken I have ever tasted. I wasn't kidding.

But proud to admit, it was a hit in the house. Even Little Man ate it and that says a lot cause he is SOOO picky! Neighbor child (again with not saying names) loved it too. In fact the other night when she came by to get boxes (they moved **sniffles**) the girl who lived two doors down said "She told me that we need to come eat your cooking." That's right...I am awesome.

Told you, munch munch munch....

Nom Nom Nom!!!

Eat up!
Recipe courtesy of A: (Love you girlie!)

  • 4 whole Chicken Breasts
  • Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, To Taste
  • 4 Tablespoons Butter
  • 2 cans 28 Oz. Ro*tel Tomatoes
  • 2 cans (10.5 Oz) Cream Of Mushroom Soup
  • 1 block 32 Oz Velvetta Cheese Loaf
  • 1 pound Spaghetti (whole Package)
 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a cooking pan with tin foil.
2. Lay the chicken breasts on the foil lined pan. Rub a stick of butter on the chicken to give it a nice coating. Then season chicken with Creole seasoning. Season to taste. Put chicken in the oven and cook until golden brown and done.
3. Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook spaghetti until done (al dente, according to package instructions). Drain.
4. Chop up the Velveeta block into squares.
5. Add cans of tomatoes and mushroom soup into a saucepan and bring them to a simmer. Add in cheese. Stir and cook until cheese is melted then remove the pan from heat.
6. Cut chicken breasts into bite size squares.
7. Add chicken into the cheese sauce once cheese is melted.
8. Serve the sauce over the pasta and enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...