Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast

So not entirely a big french toast fan. My Grams used to make it when I was little but I always ate it with ketchup. Weird I know. But delicious. So when I saw this recipe on TK, I knew I had to make it. Breakfasts at our house during the week is nothing to write home about. Mostly cereal, bagel or something of that sort. On the weekends, I normally make bacon and eggs. Sometimes some pancakes. Just depends on fast the family wants breakfast. So Monday morning, everyone was off and I decided to try my hand at the french toast.

And dear God am I happy I did.

It was amazing. I wasn't going to make bacon but Other Chef wanted some. So I did. Perfect breakfast I think!

Nom!
You can't really see the "stuffing" since I didn't cut it in half and by the time you could see it, I was devouring it. So yeah.

Verdict: Its amazing! Definetly want to be making this again and again. Well not really cause my butt won't appreciate it but you get the picture!

Recipe is here:


Ingredients

  • 8 ounces, fluid Cream Cheese, softened
  • 3 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 8 slices Thick Italian Bread
  • 2 whole Large Eggs
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • ½ cups Powdered Sugar, For Topping

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In small bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Take 4 slices of the Italian bread and smear with cream cheese, like you would do with peanut butter. Top each slice with another slice of bread to form a sandwich.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Dip and soak each sandwich in the egg mixture.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Cook two sandwiches at a time in the skillet, 4–5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Set each sandwich aside on a baking sheet and cook the remaining sandwiches with the remaining tablespoon of butter. With all 4 sandwiches on a baking sheet, bake in the preheated oven for 12–15 minutes.
Cut each sandwich in half and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...