Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Heather's Corner

I received this in an email last night from Heather. She had sent me a picture of it when she cooked it a couple weeks ago and silly me, I deleted it. And so did she. Dang it! Enjoy though!!

Figured since you've been featuring crock pot recipes this month, I'd feature my favorite!!

Crock Pot Chili
Prep Time: 1 Hour 
Cook Time: 4 Hours or Longer

2 lbs Ground Beef
1 Medium Diced Onion
1/2 Cup Diced Red Bell Pepper (Seeded)
1/2 Cup Diced Green Chili Pepper (Seeded)
1 Cup Sliced Celery
4 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 28 oz Can Diced Tomatoes (Undrained)
1 6 oz Can Tomato Paste
2 15.5 oz Cans Red Kidney Beans (Drained and Cleaned)
2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Cummin
1 Teaspoon Cayenne Red Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper

I always find it easier to chop all the vegetables the night before I cook this so I don't have to deal with chopping everything in the morning when I'm only half way awake. If you want chunkier chili, do a rough chop on your vegetables, smoother chili, do a fine dice on your vegetables. I also like to do a bit more vegetables than the recipe calls for. I like doing about a cup of red bell pepper, a cup of green chili pepper (bit more spice), bigger slices of celery, a large onion and about 5 cloves of garlic (I love garlic!).

Cook the 2 pounds of hamburger and the diced onion together in big skillet. If you're not using lean ground beef, be sure to drain hamburger and onion of most of the grease.
In your crock pot, combine the beef and onion mixture with all of the remaining ingredients. Mix well!!
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. If you have longer than 4 hours to wait until you eat, cook on high for 4 hours, then cook on low for the remaining time. The longer it cooks, the better it tastes!
Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...