Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

CrockPot Cream Cheese Chicken

Seriously, who doesn't love cream cheese? If I could eat it all the time, I think I would. I mean my butt would be MASSIVE but my belly would be happy right? Yeah I know, bad idea. 

Anyway, Thursday night we ended up having our "slumber party" while snowpocalypse hit us. I had started dinner that morning for us and D. When N and her family came, we had plenty! Like all recipes her blog has, this was really minimal with ingredients. Which I am starting to see is amazing and so quick. And this dish is so flavorful! The only thing that I noticed was that the sauce wasn't as thick as in her picture. So not sure what I did there but we shall see! Might have to experiment next time I make it!! I used her "alternate" ingredients which was amazing. The Italian seasoning tasted AH-MAZING on it. I served it over Rotini pasta :D

Verdict: Definetly a crowd pleaser. N's daughter had 3 bowlfuls! Most definetly will be making this again (in fact contemplated it when I was trying to figure out what to make tonight that was quick and easy!)

Sorry for no pictures. I had 5 adults and 3 kids to feed! 

The recipe can be found here or below!! 

--frozen chicken--enough to feed four adults
--2 T Italian seasoning
--1/2 t celery seed
--1 T onion powder
--1 T sugar (weird, I know.)
--1/4 t black pepper
--1 t kosher salt
--2 cloves minced garlic
--block of cream cheese (to add later)


or you can make it with:
--1 can cream-of-something soup
--1/2 cup chicken broth
--frozen chicken pieces
--packet of Italian salad dressing mix
--2 cloves minced garlic
--block of cream cheese (to add later)

Put everything except for the cream cheese into the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and begins to shred. Shred the chicken with two large forks, and mix in the block of cream cheese. Switch the crock to high and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the cream cheese is fully melted.
Serve over pasta. We used Trader Joe's brown rice fusilli.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...