Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Snowpocalypse 2012

We survived the storm! Last night we had a "sleepover" with N and her family. The base housing lost power so we were having people in and out all night long waiting on hotel rooms and what not. Then my friend S texted me, her house had no power either. She is over an hour away so they opted to stay there. Found out from BRiley that they lost power this morning. According to the news over 300,000 families are without power currently. I am extremely thankful that we were not part of that 300,000!

Last night was a fun night of Monopoly, Careers and then finally getting the kids to unwind. Overall I would say it was a success making sure everyone felt comfortable! This morning we woke up to this:



See those drops? Its MELTING! 
The only thing I can say is that all of this was a fluke and off its going. The highs all week (for 7 day forecast) is rain and 40s. Course now this entire area is on a flood warning. This weekend will be interesting for sure. Prayers nothing horrible happens in this area!

And Jenn, I blame you! You move here and bam we get slammed. I think Mother Nature was welcoming you in! LOL Couldn't you have brought sun with you?!? :-P

1 comments:

Jennʻs Adventureʻs said...

SERIOUSLY!!! I will say though, when I flew in 12/16 it was abnormally BEAUTIFUL for at least a solid week!!! My post tomorrow is going to highlight our snowmageddon and how it could in fact be my fault;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...